With the passing of baseball legend, Don Zimmer, we’ve been reflecting on his 60+ years in baseball. As we look back, we were stunned by hoe many great moments he was a part of, witnessed or was the catalyst for. Here, in no aprticular order are out five favorite moments from a life well lived.
5. Don Zimmer gets the nickname, ‘Popeye’
4. Named NL Manager of the Year in 1989
3. Zimmer was the bridge between baseball’s past, present and it’s future
2. Named to the ’61 All-Star team
1. Don Zimmer married his high school sweetheart in the middle of a double-header.
For over 60 years, Don Zimmer WAS baseball and we’ll definitely miss seeing him around the Trop.