- Alligators will eat sharks when given the chance - CNETWho wins the ultimate toothy predator showdown? A study on alligator diets finds the opportunistic reptiles will snack on sharks when it's convenient.
- Homeland Security tells federal agencies to secure email now! - CNETThey've got 90 days to roll out an email validation system that should help protect against spoofed emails and phishing attacks.
- Apple hit with $440M in damages in VirnetX patent lawsuit - CNETJudge issues final judgment in legal battle with patent holder that began in 2010.
- Apple answers Sen. Al Franken’s privacy concerns over Face ID - CNETThe tech giant reiterates points from its own report last month, including that the iPhone X doesn't store or send biometric information.
- Facebook acquiring tbh, a social network popular with teens - CNETMark Zuckerberg’s social network once again makes a play to appeal to young users.
- 'Professor Marston and the Wonder Women': Love, with ropes - CNETIt may be light on comic book history, but the hot and heavy exploration of sexual freedom in the early 20th century will lasso you in.
- Why is Netflix hiking your bill? It needs even more shows - CNETBut the streaming company’s subscriber rolls surged before the company started charging members as much as $2 more a month.
- KRACK in Wi-Fi security: Everything you need to know - CNETA weakness in Wi-Fi-connected devices could expose you to nearby hackers. Here are answers to your questions about that.
- KRACK attack: Here's how companies are responding - CNETSome companies already have updates to fix the Wi-FI flaw available, but others say it'll take a few weeks.
- Apple's KRACK Wi-Fi fix coming in a few weeks - CNETThe company has a fix for the vulnerability in beta now.
- Argo AI CEO says to look past the self-driving hype - RoadshowThe company's chief believes we're still a long ways from introducing autonomous cars to the public.
- Why KRACK could hit your smart home's Wi-Fi the hardest - CNETSmart devices and appliances, everything from your refrigerator to your television, are ideal targets for hackers thanks to the KRACK exploit.
- Yes, Google Photos can tell your pets apart - CNETThanks to advanced machine learning, Google knows the difference between your calico cat, your orange tabby and your Chihuahua.
- The iPhone 7 is reportedly outselling the iPhone 8 - CNETIt's likely Apple fans are holding out for the iPhone X instead.
- US Supreme Court to review Microsoft email privacy case - CNETThe court will examine whether US tech firms have to provide data to law enforcement conducting a criminal investigation, even if that data is held overseas.
- Beautifully brutal 'You Were Never Really Here' tries too hard - CNETJoaquin Phoenix plays a damaged hero with a hammer in Amazon's meditative, arty noir thriller.
- Lexus IS achieves IIHS Top Safety Pick+ after revisions - RoadshowPractice makes perfect.
- Google to patch devices vulnerable to KRACK flaw - CNETA weakness in the WPA2 protocol places virtually all wireless-enabled devices at risk. Google says it will patch its Android gadgets in "the coming weeks."
- Applied Microsoft's security updates? You're safe from KRACK - CNETMicrosoft says customers who applied Oct. 10 Windows updates are free from the Wi-Fi security flaw.
- Are you using Wi-Fi? You're probably screwed (The 3:59, ep. 299) - CNETWe talk about KRACK, a new vulnerability found in a majority of Wi-Fi hotspots, and dish about 5G.
- 'Stranger Things' clip answers a big question about Eleven - CNETA new scene from "Stranger Things" season 2 follows Eleven's struggle to break free from the creepy Upside Down world.
- Mazda will revive the rotary, but as an EV range extender - RoadshowThat doesn't count it out from providing propulsion in the future, though.
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' reveals an origin for Harry Mudd - CNETOne of Star Trek's most memorable characters returns. But is Starfleet to blame for the criminal ways of Harcourt Fenton Mudd?
- Why you're seeing #MeToo on friends' social media pages - CNETActress Alyssa Milano is credited for spreading the status, which draws attention to just how many women have been affected by sexual abuse.
- Continental Smart Control puts autonomy at your fingertips, literally - RoadshowThe supplier has created a device to help a driver transition between manned and unmanned driving.
It's a Date | October 2017Our beautiful Bay Area is constantly buzzing with activity. Every weekend seems to bring a new adventure. It's a Date! is our monthly calendar created to help you keep up with everything Tampa Bay has to offer!
Best Party Beaches Around Tampa BayIt's illegal to drink alcohol on most of Tampa Bay's beaches - unless you know about these next six locations.
CBS Tampa’s Social Media LinksFollow us!