(CW44 News At 10 | CNN) — Shawn Mendes has postponed his world tour to focus on his health. In an Instagram post on Friday, the Grammy-nominated singer, 23, said he is pushing back the next three weeks of his concert dates “until further notice.”
“I’ve been touring since I was 15 and to be honest it’s always been difficult to be on the road away from friends and family,” Mendes wrote. “After a few years off the road, I felt like I was ready to dive back in, but that decision was premature and unfortunately the toll of the road and the pressure has caught up to me and I’ve hit a breaking point.”READ MORE: Trump says he took the Fifth in questioning in New York Attorney General fraud investigation
Mendes concluded his post, “After speaking with my team and health professionals, I need to take some time to heal and take care of myself and my mental health, first and foremost. As soon as there are more updates I promise I will let you know love you guys.”READ MORE: Gabby Petito's Family Seeks $50 Million From Utah Police Department For Inadequate Response To Brian Laundrie's Abuse
He received thousands of supportive comments in response to the post.
Mendes kicked off his “Wonder” tour last month. He was scheduled to perform in St. Paul, Minneapolis, on Saturday, with performances lined up through October, including one at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.MORE NEWS: The FDA Authorizes Change In How Monkeypox Vaccine Is Given
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.