TAMPA (CW44 News at 10) – Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa officially reopened at 7 p.m., Thursday, May 21 under new and stringent “Safe and Sound” program guidelines. The guidelines include multiple new initiatives designed to create a Hard Rock entertainment experience in an environment that helps to keep guests and team members safe.
Safe and Sound Program guidelines include:READ MORE: Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming?
- Temperature checks for all guests and team members prior to entry. Any guest or team member with a temperature above CDC guidelines will not be allowed entry.
- A requirement that all guests wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, without exception. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Thousands of alternating slot machines will be turned off, to help ensure social distancing on the casino floor.
- New transparent acrylic sheet barriers will divide players at table games, poker games and customer service areas.
- 850 signs will be posted throughout the complex to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to Safe and Sound Program guidelines.
- More than 100 team members will be part of a new “Safe and Sound Clean Team” to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the complex, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available on the casino floor, at the entrances and throughout the resort.
- Constant purification and disinfecting of the air flowing into the complex through the AtmosAir™ bipolar ionization system designed to destroy virus particles in the air and on surfaces.
- An overall 50 percent reduction in guest capacity throughout the resort.
Restaurant venues including Hard Rock Cafe and Rise Kitchen & Deli will be open with social distancing requirements in place. At opening, 200 of the 800 Seminole Hard Rock guest rooms will be available. The Rock Spa will be open by appointment only. The Seminole Hard Rock Event Center will remain closed until further notice. No events will take place at the pool complex until further notice.READ MORE: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Blasts YouTube, Google For Censorship After COVID-19 Roundtable Video Removed
“Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members,” said Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International. “We are making sure our resorts are safe and sound so our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return.”MORE NEWS: Wild Ride: Suspects Identified In Carroll County Police Chase
Seminole Hard Rock Tampa is the first of six Seminole Gaming casinos to reopen in Florida. Opening dates for Seminole Gaming’s other Florida casinos have not been confirmed.