Hillsborough County, FL – When asked about the Phase 1 reopening, Mike Merrill, Hillsborough County Administrator said, “My biggest message is we can’t let up we can’t give up the ground we’ve made because this is not the end this really is just sort of the middle.” More decisions will be made by May 15th, 2020 about further decisions to reopen.
Beginning, Monday, May 4, the City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department has reopened all the following dog parks and dog beaches within the following parks:
- Angus Goss Dog Park, 4601 N Central Ave, 33603
- Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, 600 N Ashley Dr, 33602
- Davis Islands Dog Park and Beach, 1002 Severn Ave, 33606
- Deputy John Kotfila, Jr. Memorial Dog Park, 705 N. Raymond St, 33602
- Gadsden Park, 6901 S MacDill Ave, 33611
- Giddens Park, 5202 N 12th St, 33603
- Herman Massey Park, 1002 N Franklin St, 33602
- James Urbanski Dog Park at Al Lopez Park, 4810 N Himes Ave, 33614
- Julian B Lane Riverfront Park, 1001 N Boulevard, 33607
- New Tampa Rotary Dog Park, 17301 Commerce Park Blvd, 33647
- Palma Ceia Park, 2200 Marti St, 33629
- Picnic Island Dog Beach, 7409 Picnic Island Blvd, 33616
- Rowlett Park, 2401 E Yukon St, 33604
- Queenie’s Dog Park at Waterworks Park, 1710 N. Highland Ave, 33602
- Washington Street Park, 118 N 12th St, 33602
Any parking lots associated with the dog parks and beaches will be available. Dogs are not permitted to be unleased in the parking lot in route to or from the park. Residents will be required to follow social distancing guidelines.
Additionally, starting at 2 pm, Monday, May 4, City of Tampa beaches located at:
- Ben T Davis Beach, 7740 W Courtney Campbell Causeway, 33607
- Cypress Point Beach, 5620 W Cypress St, 33607
- Davis Islands Beach, 864 Severn Ave, 33606
- Picnic Island Beach, 7409 Picnic Island Blvd, 33616
Areas within these parks such as playgrounds, picnic areas, sports fields, and restrooms will remain closed. For more information, visit tampagov.net/covid-19.