It’s the New York Giants vs. New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI. This day is all about football, food, beer, cheering on your team and having a blast while you’re at it. Here are your top 12 best Super Bowl facts to amuse folks with at the big game party.
12. What is the percent of people parked in front of the TV on Super Bowl Sunday who aren’t actually football fans. A startling 40%.READ MORE: 19 Children, 2 Adults Killed In Mass Shooting In Uvalde, Texas
11. Who’s hotter? 54% of married women would prefer a hook-up with New York Giants Quarterback Eli Manning over Pats QB Tom Brady … both of whom are also married
10. Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest day of food consumption behind Thanksgiving. Including Eight million pounds of guacamole and 75 million pepperoni pizzas and 1.25 billion wings will be eaten this Super Bowl Sunday. It’s no wonder sales of antacid increase 20 percent the day after Super Bowl. Name 4 antacids:
Alka-Seltzer, Maalox, Milk of Magnesia and Pepto-Bismol.
9. The most points scored by a team in a Super Bowl were San Francisco’s 55 in 1990 against Denver. The fewest were Miami’s three in 1972 against Dallas.
8. 50 million cases of beer will be consumed on Super Bowl Sunday, 94.1% of it will either be Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Light, Miller Lite, or Natural Light.
7. The Oakland Raiders were the first wild card team to win the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl XV
Oakland 27, Philadelphia 10
New Orleans, Louisiana
January 25, 1981
MVP: Jim Plunkett, QB, Oakland
6. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has a “crazy” toilet in his house, at least according to his favorite receiver, Wes Welker.
“You go over and use his toilet, and you press this button, and it sprays water on you and all this stuff, and I’m like, ‘You gotta be kidding me,'” Welker told reporters Wednesday, according to the Boston Herald. “It’s heated, it’s all this stuff, and I’m like, ‘This is crazy.'”
5. In pounds what is the weight of the heaviest players in this year’s Super Bowl? 330 Pounds. (Giants: James Brewer and Kareem McKenzie, Patriots: Ron Brace and Gerard Warren)
4. The fastest Super Bowl touchdown to start a game was set in 2007 when Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown in 14 seconds.
Indianapolis Colts 29
Chicago Bears 17
3. What is the game’s over/under bet set by the bookies. 55
2. Super Bowl Sunday ranks among the biggest drinking nights of the year along with New Year’s Eve, St. Patrick’s Day and Thanksgiving Eve. In past year Up to 1.5 million people have called sick and an additional 4.4 million could be late to work the day after the Super Bowl. FYI…your boss is on to these facts.
1. For the first time in NFL history, we’ll have two former Super Bowl MVP quarterbacks starting against each other. Eli Manning, who won Super Bowl MVP back in 2007, vs. Tom Brady, who won Super Bowl MVP’s in 2001 and 2003. #1 is also the rank of Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady and his wife Gisele Bundchen on the “Richest Celebrity Couple” list.MORE NEWS: At Least Two Dead And Others Injured In A Shooting At A Texas Elementary School