This is a FREE, family-friendly event. You can bring all of your friends and family and spend the entire day at no charge this includes parking, entrance and use of facilities. Food and drinks will be available for purchase from AirFest’s many venders. Due to overwhelming demand from the public, for the first time ever AirFest is offering limited reserved seating in the Flight Line Club for $15. Details are below in reserved seating section.
This year’s show will feature stars of the Weather Channel’s Hurricane Hunters and Coast Guard Florida. This year’s AirFest ramp will be entirely packed with military aircraft, warbirds, military vehicles, equipment from all military branches, along with the displays of the incredible aviation and ground equipment of the bay area’s local law enforcement.
MacDill Air Force Base
6801 South Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, FL 33621
Dates: Sat – Sun, March 22 & 23, 2014
Times: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Schedule Of Events For Both Days
8:00 a.m. – Gates Open
10:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies – USSOCOM Jump and National Anthem
10:55 a.m. – Rob Holland – Mike Goulian Dual Aerobatic Demo
11:10 a.m. - MacDill KC-135 Demo
11:15 a.m. - RV-8 Demo
11:25 a.m. - B-25
11:40 a.m. – JCSE Static Line Jump
11:55 a.m. – Scott Yoak P-51 Demo
12:10 p.m. – Melissa and Rex Pemberton
12:25 p.m. – USSOCOM Jump – Aerial Formation
12:45 p.m. – P-51 / F-4U Heritage Flight
1:00 p.m. – T-28 Demo
1:15 p.m. – Randy Ball – Mig 17F
1:25 p.m. – GEICO Skytypers
1:45 p.m. - Michael Goulian
2:00p.m. – L-39
2:15 p.m. – Matt Younkin
2:30p.m. – Rob Holland
2:45p.m. – AeroShell Aerobatic Team
3:00p.m. – USAF Thunderbirds
4:00 p.m. – Show Ends
F-16 Fighting Falcon
F-15 Strike Eagle
A-10 Thunderbolt II
HH-600 Pave Hawk
C-17 Globemaster 111
For more on displays at AirFest click on this lighted link.
The Beico Skytypers
Mike Goulian in and Extra 330OSC
Melissa And Rex Pemberton – Edge 540
Mar Younkin Beech 18
Jive a& Wild Blue RV-8A
Jim Tobul-F4U Corsair
Dav Flight Team B-25
Scott Yoak – P-51
Rob Holland – MXS-RH
Randy Ball-Mig 17F
Reserved Seating Information
Due to overwhelming demand from the public, for the first time ever AirFest is offering limited reserved seating in the Flight Line Club for $15. This seating area includes covered and open air seating along with designated special access to food and drink concessions. Tickets can be purchased in advance by following the link on the left or on the day of show (this area will absolutely sell out so advance tickets are highly recommended).
- Expect airport style security, so don’t bring anything to the show that you wouldn’t bring on an airline flight.
- The Dale Mabry and MacDill Gates are open to the general public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Once the spectator parking lots are full on base, the gates will close to motor traffic.
- Only foot traffic or public transportation will be authorized for the remainder of the day.
- Coolers, glass containers, pets, fireworks, and large tote bags are all prohibited to ensure the security and safety of all attendees.
- Bicycles, roller blades, etc., are acceptable modes of transportation to the event; however, they will not be allowed on the flightline.
- For a complete list of what is allowed and what is not allow on the Base go to the MacDill AirFest website.
- HART is offering bus services from Dale Mabry and Himes, Marion Transit Center, and Britton Plaza. For more info call the HARTinfo Line at 813-254-HART.
- Be prepared for heavy traffic upon entering AirFest and when leaving.