New Jersey Vs. New York: Who Really ‘Owns’ Super Bowl XLVIII?
- Actual Location Of The Stadium?Here.Not Here.
- Name of the teams that play there?Not New Jersey.New York!
- Which city will get the most financial benefit?Newark will get plenty of flights, and nearby bars and restaurants will do just fine.But visitors from out of town will probably flock to Manhattan, not East Rutherford.
- Where will the celebrities hobnob?Only the finest upscale clubs in East Rutherford (hah).Any number of pretentious clubs in this glitzy, awful borough (Manhattan). Fox Sports is already taking over Times Square.
- Program design?Recently, Jersey politicians have been lamenting that the Super Bowl programs haven’t been doing justice to the game’s host state.Showcases New York.
Although I’m actually sympathetic to New Jersey in this scenario since they’re totally getting “older brothered,” but the tape doesn’t lie. New York wins this one 4-1. Enjoy the game, everyone! -Brian Cullen, CBS Local Sports contributor
Best Party Beaches Around Tampa BayIt's illegal to drink alcohol on most of Tampa Bay's beaches - unless you know about these next six locations.
CBS Tampa’s Social Media LinksFollow us!
How To Get Through Airport Security As Quickly As PossibleWith more people flying than ever before, it’s not surprising to see reports of long lines of people waiting in airport security lines...