CBS Radio Tampa Bay is proud to be a part of First Book, presented by Hungry Howie’s Free Flavored Crust Pizza. Together with our partners at Hungry Howie’s Pizza, Jim Browne North Tampa Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram, Lennar Homes, Bayfront Health, and Everglades Farm Equipment, we have helped to put a world of knowledge within reach of every child, every classroom, and every community.
A nonprofit social-enterprise, First Book provides access to new, high-quality books and classroom materials for educators serving kids from low-income families. Together, we can help children in need read, learn and succeed.
First Book Fast Facts:
· 21 years of innovation in providing new books and educational resources to children from low-income families, from birth to age 18, across the United States and Canada.
· First Book reaches more than 2 million children in need.
· Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 110 million brand-new books.
· The largest and fastest-growing network of local educators and community program leaders serving children in need in North America, First Book reaches over 100,000 eligible classrooms and programs.
· Volunteer groups in nearly 100 communities that connect local schools and programs to First Book, and raise money to help them get the books and resources they need.
· First Book has earned a four-star rating – the highest rating rank – from Charity Navigator, the nation’s premier charity evaluator.
This summer, CBS Radio Tampa Bay and our friends at Hungry Howie’s Pizza, Jim Browne North Tampa Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram, Lennar Homes, Bayfront Health, and Everglades Farm Equipment have worked together to raise over $11,000 for First Book! This donation will be used to provide new, high-quality books and learning materials to one lucky Tampa Bay area school in need.
Coming this Fall, CBS Radio Tampa Bay and our partners will host a First Book Reading Party to celebrate this donation, with books and food provided by our wonderful sponsors. Check back here after the First Book Reading Party announcement for a photo gallery and some event highlights.
To learn more about First Book or to make a personal donation, click here.
This program is brought to you locally by: