- Pay with Google speeds up tedious online payments on Android - CNETGoogle's online payments system should help you blast through online checkout in no time.
- 'Final Fantasy Distant Worlds' is nostalgic ear candy for fans - CNETThe 10-year-old travelling concert that features Final Fantasy's iconic game music is as fresh as ever.
- Apple, Samsung to face off at another patent damages trial - CNETJudge Lucy Koh also details how to determine what "article of manufacture" actually infringed.
- Essential Phone is now a more reasonable $499 - CNETThe phone is now $200 cheaper, with the company saying it chose the price drop over spending money on marketing.
- Google denies report of revenue sharing with news publishers - CNETSearch giant calls Financial Times report of revenue sharing deal "totally wrong."
- Samsung phone reportedly emits smoke on flight - CNETCommentary: A Samsung Galaxy J7 in a woman's purse reportedly has to be put into a tray full of water on a Jet Airways flight over India.
- iPhone X: An ugly deception? - CNETCommentary: Apple wants to convince you that its new "smartphone of the future" is all screen. But just look at it.
- Dive Australia's Great Barrier Reef with Netflix and Google - CNETVirtual reality travelling is here. So sit back on your couch and visit Australia's amazing reef.
- Shaun's high-end audio and video obsession led to this - CNETIn this installment of CNET's Show Us Yours, Shaun's gives us a tour of his insanely upscale audio system and downstairs home theater. Don't ask how much it cost.
- I went to buy a Pixel 2. Verizon tried to sell me a Galaxy S8 - CNETCommentary: Verizon is Google's exclusive partner for the Pixel 2 phone. But I wouldn't have known that after a chat with a Verizon salesman.
- KEF’s R300 speaker is a knockout - CNETThe Audiophiliac loves the KEF R300 stand-mount speaker’s sleek design and rich sound.
- $99 gizmo kicks up your headphones' sound at home - CNETWould you drop $99 on a Schiit Magni 3 if it could make your headphones sound better?
- iPhone 8 Plus vs Pixel 2: Which phone records better video? - CNETThese two phones go head-to-head in a video camera comparison.
- Pixel 2 vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which camera is better? - CNETThe Pixel 2 and the iPhone 8 Plus battle it out to determine which phone's camera does better portraits, landscape selfies and low-light shots.
- The 43 best Android games of 2017 - CNETThese are unequivocally the best Android games on the planet and some of the best games on any system right now.
- Best mobile games of 2017 - CNETLooking for a new game to play on your mobile device? Here are our picks of the best mobile games released in 2017 (so far).
- Our favorite zombie movies and TV shows - CNETEvery week we ask people around the office a question about pop culture to see what makes them tick. With "The Walking Dead" returning this Sunday on AMC, we wanted to know which zombie movies or shows are their favorites.
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. Pixel 2 photos: Is one better than the other? - CNETA photo comparison between Apple's iPhone Plus and Google's Pixel 2. The results are interesting.
- 'Golden Compass' author Philip Pullman touts 'darker' prequel - CNETIt's been 17 years since Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy wrapped up, and a decade since "Compass" hit the big screen. The wait for a follow-up is over.
- Project Loon brings limited internet access to Puerto Rico - CNETGoogle’s parent company, Alphabet, teams up with AT&T to fly internet balloons over the storm-ravaged island.
- What to play this weekend: South Park, Gran Turismo, Fire Emblem Warriors - CNETSean gets a little help from Sean this week.
- Q Acoustics brings $350 sound base and $6,000 speakers into the world - CNETQ Acoustics has announced its first sound base with HDMI, the M2, while also announcing a new sound bar and high-end floorstanders.
- Andy Rubin’s Essential sued over modular connector tech - CNETThe phone startup has been accused of stealing trade secrets relating to its modular connector, reports Reuters.
- Apple gets sued over Animoji trademark - CNETA Japanese company says it claimed rights to animated emoji before Apple did.
- Bitcoin hits $6,000, making its creator even more insanely rich - CNETThe cryptocurrency reached a new high Friday, keeping up a huge gain for 2017.
It's a Date | October 2017Our beautiful Bay Area is constantly buzzing with activity. Every weekend seems to bring a new adventure. It's a Date! is our monthly calendar created to help you keep up with everything Tampa Bay has to offer!
Best Party Beaches Around Tampa BayIt's illegal to drink alcohol on most of Tampa Bay's beaches - unless you know about these next six locations.
CBS Tampa’s Social Media LinksFollow us!