College Basketball's Best Players
- Rising Star: Gonzaga Forward Zach Collins Zach Collins, Gonzaga's freshman forward, is a valuable sixth man on a balanced Bulldogs team that's favored in the Final Four.
- Rising Star: Oregon Guard Tyler Dorsey Tyler Dorsey, Oregon's sophomore guard, has been on a scoring tear. Can he keep his Ducks flying against the Wolverines from Michigan?
- Rising Star: South Carolina Forward Chris Silva Sophomore forward Chris Silva first played basketball in high school, now he's the key force behind the Gamecocks' run to the Sweet 16.
- Rising Star: USC Forward Chimezie Metu Sophomore forward Chimezie Metu, perhaps USC's most consistent player, earned the Pac-12’s Most Improved Player award this season.
- Rising Star: SMU Guard Shake Milton Sophomore point guard Shake Milton led SMU to an AAC title and should keep his Mustangs playing deep into the NCAA Tournament.
- Rising Star: Purdue Guard Carsen Edwards Freshman Carsen Edwards, at six feet tall, can create his own shot and get in the lane better than any other Purdue perimeter player.
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.
- Rising Star: Connecticut Guard Ryan Boatright On Friday, after Iowa State had cut a 17-point deficit to four with two minutes left, Boatright made what his coach called the play of the game.
- Rising Star: Dayton Forward Dyshawn Pierre The sophomore forward tallied 12 points and eight rebounds in the 60-59 win over Ohio State. He didn’t miss a shot, hitting both of his field goals and all seven of his foul shots.
It's a Date | October 2017Our beautiful Bay Area is constantly buzzing with activity. Every weekend seems to bring a new adventure. It's a Date! is our monthly calendar created to help you keep up with everything Tampa Bay has to offer!
Best Party Beaches Around Tampa BayIt's illegal to drink alcohol on most of Tampa Bay's beaches - unless you know about these next six locations.
CBS Tampa’s Social Media LinksFollow us!