CBS Tampa Health News
- 'GMA' Meteorologist Ginger Zee Discusses Fight with Anorexia "Good Morning America" meteorologist Ginger Zee has opened up about her childhood battle with anorexia.
- Urine Test Could Simplify Zika Virus Detection A urine-based test for Zika virus infection has shown to be more effective than the common blood-based one for many patients, a development that could make testing for the infection easier.
- Mosquito Season Brings No Urgency for Money to Fight Zika The White House and Democrats are pressuring congressional Republicans to act on President Barack Obama's demands for money to combat Zika, but even the onset of mosquito season that probably will spread the virus has failed to create a sense of...
- Feds Give Florida Health Centers Cash to Expand Primary Care The Obama administration is giving nearly $11 million to help 12 health centers around the state offer preventive health services to more low-income patients.
- Florida Doctor Convicted of 162 Counts of Health Care Fraud A federal jury has convicted a north Florida doctor of 162 counts of health care fraud.
- Florida Gov: Prepare for Zika virus like it's a hurricane TALLAHASSE, Fla. (AP) — Florida's governor says the U.S. government needs to prepare for the Zika virus like it's a hurricane. Forecasts for a hurricane threatening U.S. coasts trigger certain federal response operations. In a statement Wednes...
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (5/4) In this week’s Work-out Of the Day we examine a basic and time efficient work-out that can be completed under 30 minutes, no gym required.
- APNewsBreak: Woman's Body Rejecting Face Transplant The Connecticut woman who underwent a face transplant five years ago after being attacked by a chimpanzee is back in a Boston hospital after doctors discovered her body is rejecting the transplant.
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (4/6) In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, “It’s simple if it jiggles, its fat.”
- FL Blood Banks Seek Donations Before Zika Hits State Southwest Florida blood banks are seeking blood donations before anyone in the state contracts the Zika virus from local mosquitoes.
- Feds: Medicaid Expansion Would Help Mentally Ill Floridians Some 726,000 uninsured Floridians suffered from mental health and substance abuse issues in 2014 and nearly half of them could have gotten treatment if the state expanded Medicaid, federal health officials said Monday.
- Blood Test for Concussions? Researchers Report Some Progress New research bolsters evidence that a simple blood test may someday be used to detect concussions.
- Medicaid Expansion Would Help Mentally Ill Floridians Federal health officials says 726,000 uninsured Floridians suffered from mental health and substance abuse issues in 2014 and nearly half of them could have gotten treatment if the state expanded Medicaid.
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (3/23) This workout will help you reach your goals whether you’re trying to get your abs shredded or squeeze into sexy that two-piece bathing suit you bought last summer.
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (3/16) In this week’s Workout of the Day, we’re going to make sure you aren’t one of those guys (or girls) that skip your leg work out this week.