Health Topic Center
CBS Tampa Health News
- Cancer Patients Can Get 'Chemo Brain'; Treatment Available Dr. Meyer says up to sixty percent of patients undergoing treatment for all types of cancers can develop chemo brain to some degree.
- The Ebola Outbreak: What Every American Needs To Know The recent outbreak of the Ebola virus in Africa has begun attracting attention in the U.S. for good reason.
- Surgeon General: Tanning Is Behind Sharp Spike in Skin Cancer Rates As rates of other cancers have declined, rates of the deadliest form of skin cancer, melanoma, have increased more than 200 percent from 1973 to 2011, according to a new "Call to Action" report from the Surgeon General's Office.
- Experts: Food Allergies Are Skyrocketing An explosion of food allergies is unique to America and Europe and no one seems to know why.
- Study: HIV Diagnoses Drop In US, But Increase In Young Gay Men Number of HIV diagnoses among younger gay men increased from 2002 to 2011.
- Butter Making A Comeback As New Study Suggests Health Benefits Researchers from the University of Cambridge in England found butter and other fats like it may not be as bad for us as once thought, and may even have some health benefits.
- CDC: Antibiotics May Have Been Wrongly Prescribed For Influenza New study finds doctors may be giving inappropriate treatments to patients with flu virus.
- HIV-Killing Condom Could Launch In Next Few Months Australian company working with condom manufacturer to combine anti-viral gel with lubricant.
- Tampa Bay Rays Pitcher Believes He Has Contracted Chikungunya Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Joel Peralta is suffering from symptoms that resemble those of the Chikungunya virus and expects the team to put him on the disabled list.
- Time-Saving Tips For Healthy School Lunches With creative planning and the right containers, packing a quick and healthy lunch can be as easy as ABC and 123!
WebMD Health News
- Tamiflu Shortage Again The liquid form of the flu drug Tamiflu is in short supply.
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- Once Again The new annual ‘‘best diets'' list is out from U.S. News & World Report.
- What 'Brain-Dead' Means What does it mean when doctors say a person is brain-dead?
- Expert Q&A: Childhood Vaccine Safety For parents, childhood vaccines are a source of reassurance, but also anxiety about side effects and reactions.