CBS Tampa Health News
- Study: Drinking Lots Of Milk Might Not Be Good For You We've long heard that drinking milk can help our bones and overall health. But a new study out Thursday morning says drinking lots of milk could actually be bad for you.
- Changing Seasons Can Mean a Change in Mood Millions of people will turn their clocks back an hour on Sunday, but for some the extra hour of sleep gained is not worth the hours of daylight lost.
- Christie: Nurse Quarantined Will Understand Why 'When She Has Time To Reflect' A nurse who protested being kept in a tent in New Jersey over the weekend despite lacking symptoms after caring for Ebola patients in West Africa was to be released Monday as scientists and federal officials clashed with state officials over...
- Florida Governor Orders 21-Day Monitoring Program For Ebola Florida Gov. Rick Scott is ordering twice daily monitoring for anyone returning from places the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates as affected by Ebola.
- Here's How To Keep Healthy This Flu Season There are some simple and effective strategies to keep healthy this flu season.
- Study: People Drink Less Soda When They See What It Takes To Walk Off We've heard plenty of studies already about soda and how it's harmful to our health. But that isn't keeping many Americans from drinking it.
- Thousands Will Die From Flu This Year, Doctors Predict Although concerns are mounting across the nation of Ebola exposure, doctors fear the focus could be diverting attention from another potential threat: the flu.
- Expert: 'Next Patient With Ebola Will Show Up At A Smaller Community Hospital Somewhere' Step inside All Children's Hospital and you're greeted with three things: hand sanitizer, tissues and masks decorated with little cartoon Band-Aids with legs, feet and smiles. "Dirt Squirt Alert!" a sign says. "Stop the spread of germs that make you...
- Apple, Facebook Paying To Freeze Eggs Of Female Employees Facebook began covering egg freezing for workers earlier this year, becoming the first major employer on record to do so, according to NBC News, which reports that Apple will add the perk in January.
- WHO: 10,000 New Ebola Cases Per Week Could Be Seen A World Health Organization official says there could be up to 10,000 new cases of Ebola per week within two months.
- When Does One Glass Of Wine Become One Glass Too Many? It's the way many women relax at the end of a busy day: having a nice glass of wine. But, when does when one glass become one glass too many?
- Study: Later Doctor's Visits Lead To More Prescriptions A visit to the doctor later in the day makes it more likely that a patient will walk away with a prescription antibiotic, according to a new report.
- Florida Hospital Patient Undergoing Testing For Possible Ebola A patient at a Jacksonville hospital is undergoing testing for possible Ebola.
- Conference Organizers Call Off Attendance Of West African Delegates Over Ebola Fears West African delegates won't be attending a South Florida conference over fears of Ebola.
- What Is The 'Perfect' Amount Of Sleep? It's the question we all want answered -- What is the "perfect" amount of sleep? Researchers in Finland analyzed sleep data from nearly 4,000 men and women.