CBS Tampa Health News
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (4/6) In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, “It’s simple if it jiggles, its fat.”
- FL Blood Banks Seek Donations Before Zika Hits State Southwest Florida blood banks are seeking blood donations before anyone in the state contracts the Zika virus from local mosquitoes.
- Feds: Medicaid Expansion Would Help Mentally Ill Floridians Some 726,000 uninsured Floridians suffered from mental health and substance abuse issues in 2014 and nearly half of them could have gotten treatment if the state expanded Medicaid, federal health officials said Monday.
- Blood Test for Concussions? Researchers Report Some Progress New research bolsters evidence that a simple blood test may someday be used to detect concussions.
- Medicaid Expansion Would Help Mentally Ill Floridians Federal health officials says 726,000 uninsured Floridians suffered from mental health and substance abuse issues in 2014 and nearly half of them could have gotten treatment if the state expanded Medicaid.
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (3/23) This workout will help you reach your goals whether you’re trying to get your abs shredded or squeeze into sexy that two-piece bathing suit you bought last summer.
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (3/16) In this week’s Workout of the Day, we’re going to make sure you aren’t one of those guys (or girls) that skip your leg work out this week.
- CDC Guidelines Aim to Curb Painkiller Prescribing Prescription painkillers should not be a first choice for treating common ailments like back pain and arthritis, according to new federal guidelines designed to reshape how doctors prescribe drugs like OxyContin and Vicodin.
- FDA Expands Use of Pfizer Drug for Rare Form of Lung Cancer The Food and Drug Administration expanded approval of a Pfizer drug to treat a small subset of lung cancer patients with a rare mutation.
- FDA: No Significant Impact from Test of Modified Mosquitoes A field trial releasing genetically modified mosquitoes in the Florida Keys would not harm humans or the environment, according to documents released Friday by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Activists Say Nancy Reagan Should Have Pushed Harder On AIDS NEW YORK (AP) — Gay-rights and HIV/AIDS activists remain bitter at Ronald Reagan for a slow response to the AIDS crisis in the 1980s. Views are more mixed about his wife, Nancy, but there's deep regret that she didn't push sooner and more forcef...
- The Latest: Bobby Brown: 'Unsettling' That Autopsy Released The Latest on the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown, and results of a medical examiner's investigation.
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (3/2) In this week’s Work-out Of the Day we examine a time efficient core workout that can be completed in 10 minutes while burning 70-85 calories, no gym required!
- Why Mindfulness Has Become a Trend and How You Can Do It Drop-in meditation studios are proliferating in major cities like New York and Los Angeles and medi meet-ups are becoming the new book clubs as more people are craving ways to unplug, pushing meditation practices and mindfulness movements from hippie...
- Wednesday’s Work-Out of the Day (2/24) In this week’s Work-out Of the Day we examine a basic and time efficient work-out that can be completed under 30 minutes, no gym required.