CBS Tampa Health News
- Study: Rudeness Is Contagious, Spreads Like A Virus Researchers at the University of Florida found that witnessing rude behavior makes us more likely to be rude to others.
- Drug Might Help Breast Cancer Patients Avoid Heart Damage Many cancer treatments have a dark side — they can damage the heart. New research suggests this risk might be lowered in women with breast tumors if they take a heart drug as a preventive measure during their cancer care.
- Study: Smartphone Apps Best For Calorie Counters Researchers found people were more likely to stick to a food diary when keeping track with a smartphone app.
- Study: Wealthy People More Likely To Get Organ Transplants You can't buy hearts, kidneys or other organs but money can still help you get one. Wealthy people are more likely to get on multiple waiting lists and score a transplant, and less likely to die while waiting for one, a new study finds.
- Study: Many Americans Not Sticking To Heart-Healthy Lifestyle A new study reveals that many Americans are not sticking to a heart-healthy lifestyle.
- FL Data Shows 10,900 Sexual Assault Kits Still Untested Nearly 11,000 rape kits have not been tested in Florida, according to statistics released by the state Thursday, mirroring backlogs at law enforcement agencies nationwide because of a lack of funding.
- Study: Deaths Rates Rising in Middle-Aged Whites The U.S. death rate has been falling for decades, but researchers have detected one group in which the rates have been steadily ticking up - middle-aged white people. Suicides and deaths from drug overdose and alcohol abuse are being blamed.
- Study: Teenagers Grow Out Of Moodiness, Eventually Adolescents eventually grow out of emotional swings and moodiness, according to new research.
- Woman Accidentally Glues Her Eye Shut A woman accidentally glues her eye shut, with the painful experience lasting for over a week.
- Survey: One-Third Of Vegetarians Admit To Eating Meat When Drunk Kebabs and burgers were the meats of choice for lapsing vegetarians.
- Study: Washing Dishes May Relieve Stress Doing the dishes may lead to stress relief if performed in the right way, according to a new study.
- Study: Drinking Orange Juice Boosts Alertness, Concentration Drinking orange juice could increase alertness, concentration, and reaction times, according to new research.
- Dating Apps Fire Back At Billboards Linking STD Spread An AIDS health care group is defending an ad campaign in Los Angeles that links popular dating apps with the spread of sexual transmitted diseases.
- Florida Baby Born With Most Of Skull Missing Beats The Odds, Celebrates 1st Birthday A baby boy born with most of his skull missing celebrated his first birthday after doctors predicted he would only live for days after being born.
- Surgeon General Calls For Steps To Promote Healthy Walking Take a walk: That's the U.S. surgeon general's prescription for sedentary Americans - but communities will have to step up, too, and make neighborhoods easier and safer for foot traffic.