Health Topic Center
CBS Tampa Health News
- Pediatricians' Rx For Schools: Later Start Times Pediatricians have a new prescription for schools: later start times for teens.
- Parents Growing More Concerned Over Potential For Concussions In Young Soccer Players The lawsuit was filed Wednesday and seeks class action status on behalf of current and former soccer players who competed for teams governed by FIFA and several U.S.-based soccer organizations.
- New Nail Polish Detects Presence of Date Rape Drugs in Drinks The future of preventing date rape may soon be at the tip of your finger—literally.
- At-Home Test For Colon Cancer Coming Soon The Mayo Clinic is the first in the country to offer a new, at-home screening test for colon cancer.
- Pediatricians Urge US Schools To Start After 8:30 AM Due To Sleep Deprivation The American Academy of Pediatricians is urging education leaders to push back the start time for U.S. high school and middle school classes to 8:30 a.m. or later – a move intended to provide teenagers with more much-needed sleep.
- West Nile Virus Found In Florida Chickens Three chickens in central Florida have tested positive for the potentially fatal West Nile virus.
- Study: Women Entering Pregnancy In Poor Health Less Likely To Breastfeed More women in the United States are choosing to breastfeed their kids. But new research from the University of Minnesota is shedding some light on the overall health of pregnant women.
- 72-Year-Old Woman Says She Was Kicked Off Delta Flight For Looking Sick A passenger on an August 5th Delta flight from Akron, Ohio to Orlando was apparently kicked off simply because she looked sick.
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- How Common Is Depression? Nearly 60 million people experience a mental health condition every year. But only a fraction of those conditions are ever detected.
WebMD Health News
- Tamiflu Shortage Again The liquid form of the flu drug Tamiflu is in short supply.
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- Once Again The new annual ‘‘best diets'' list is out from U.S. News & World Report.
- What 'Brain-Dead' Means What does it mean when doctors say a person is brain-dead?
- Expert Q&A: Childhood Vaccine Safety For parents, childhood vaccines are a source of reassurance, but also anxiety about side effects and reactions.