It’s a Date | September 2017
Our beautiful Bay Area is constantly buzzing with activity. Every weekend seems to bring a new adventure. It’s a Date! is our monthly calendar created to help you keep up with everything Tampa Bay has to offer!
- Tampa Salsa Bachata Festival | September 1st – 4th
- TSBF is a celebration of Latin culture through live music and dance. Top dance artists in the world of both Salsa & Bachata will perform and teach during this event at Hilton Tampa Downtown.
- More info: tampasalsabachata.com
- Summer of Rum Festival | Saturday, September 2nd
- Drink a variety of rum drinks while enjoying live music from Shaggy and the Baha Men at Curtis Hixon Park. Tickets start at just $17.
- More info: www.summerofrumfest.com
- Rock the Yacht R&B Soul Party | Saturday, September 2nd
- Enjoy live music from the Bus Stop Band while floating on the Bay aboard the Yacht StarShip. Tickets start at $30.
- More info: www.yachtstarship.com
- 6th Annual Fall Stampede, Presented by Chick-Fil-A | Saturday, September 9th from 6a-11a
- Benefiting the Children’s Cancer Center, this event at Curtis Hixon Park includes a 5K Run, 1 Mile Family Fun Run/Walk, a Mascot Race and a post-race party including Chick-Fil-A food, games, and great prizes.
- More info: childrenscancercenter.org
- SPIFFS Island Night & Luau | Saturday, September 9th from 7p-11p
- Spend an evening at the St. Pete Shuffleboard Club with a Polynesian show featuring fire dancers, authentic luau buffet, and dancing all to benefit the St. Petersburg International Folk Fair Society.
- More info: www.spiffs.org
- Food Truck Rally – St. Pete Asian Lantern Festival | Friday, September 15th from 6p-10p
- Head to Port St. Pete for the inaugural Asian Lantern Festival and food truck rally. Enjoy food from I WANNA WOK, Smokin Bowls, Flip’n Tasty Filipino Food Truck and many more.
- More info: facebook.com
- Adventure Coast Expo | September 23rd & 24th
- The non-profit Hernando County Fairgrounds will host this expo complete with gun & rifle shows, fishing shows, motor bike shows, an ATV obstacle course, paint ball and so much more! Proceeds go to benefit the non-profit Fairgrounds.
- More info: hernandofairgrounds.com
- Sunrise Run & Family Fun Day | Saturday, September 26th at 7a
- Challenge yourself to a 5k, 1 Mile Run/Walk or Volley Ball Tournament at Vinoy Park. Stay for the day and enjoy a concert in the park, a children’s art tent, games, inflatables, praise music and more.
- More info: facebook.com
- Plant City Main Street Food Truck Rally | Friday, September 29th from 5p-9p
- Head to Downtown Historic Plant City for a food truck rally featuring Boom Boom Box, Craving Donuts, Rolling with my Hoagies, In the Middle Food Truck and many more.
- More info: tampabayfoodtruckrally.com
- Hillsborough River Swamp Stomp | Saturday, September 30th 9a-5p
- This 4 mile mud-run challenges participants to face 25 obstacles at the Hillsborough River State Park in Thonotosassa. The fee covers the race, FREE BEER, a t-shirt, a bib and a medal. Proceeds go to Hillsborough River State Park Preservation Society.
- More info: eventbrite.com
- Friday Concerts in the Park | Head to Water Works Park in Tampa every Friday at 7p for FREE concerts. Concessions will be available from The Original Westshore Pizza Truck and Just Desserts Ice Cream Truck. Leashed dogs allowed.
Be sure to check our It’s a Date posts monthly so you never miss an event! Share your upcoming event with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.