Woman Finds ‘Octopus-Looking’ Mold Inside Her Coconut Water

A woman in New York says she was sickened by an octopus-like sludge found in a bottle of Vita Coco coconut water.

Barbara Kline wrote on social media that she became violently ill after unknowingly swallowing a piece of the slimy substance. “When I took a big gulp, I swallowed a chunk of something. It tasted very thick and syrupy. It was disgusting,” Kline said. A spokesperson for Vita Coco said they believe the object was mold and thinks it’s “highly unlikely” to pose a health risk. Kline is reportedly planning to sue the company for her illness. The Goshen resident isn’t the only person to find a disgusting surprise in Vita Coco containers. Several people have posted their sludge-filled bottles online over the last few years.

Kline reportedly won’t give the sample back to Vita Coco for testing because it’s her “only evidence” in the case.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Tampa

5 Things To Do This Memorial DayMemorial Day may be the unofficial start to the summer season, but it’s also a time to remember those who have given...
Best Party Beaches Around Tampa BayIt's illegal to drink alcohol on most of Tampa Bay's beaches - unless you know about these next six locations.
CBS Tampa’s Social Media LinksFollow us!

Listen Live