BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — Deputies say a Bradenton mother and her boyfriend waited five hours before seeking medical help for her 10-month-old who was burned while left alone in a hot shower.
The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office tells news outlets 24-year-old Cayla Zarvas and 24-year-old Dennis E. Zipprian are facing child neglect with great bodily harm charges.
An affidavit says the baby suffered second-degree burns to his groin and buttocks after Zipprian left him unattended in the shower for about five minutes while Zarvas was working.
Authorities say Zipprian took the child to Zarva’s job. The couple drove home and to Walmart, where they left the child in the car while they shopped for burn cream, popcorn and cereal.
The child was admitted to the hospital the following morning, where he stayed for three days.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.