POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Fire rescue officials say a 28-year-old man lost three fingers and was severely burned in a fireworks accident in South Florida.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue spokeswoman Sandra King tells the SunSentinel (http://bit.ly/29iDssW) the man was lighting a firecracker during an early July 4th celebration on Sunday night when it exploded.
She says that in addition to losing fingers on his right hand, he also risks having fingers on his left hand amputated. The man also suffered burns to his face, torso and left hand.
The agency didn’t release the man’s name.
King says the man is in “rough shape.”
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.