Woman Dies After Fireworks Explode In Bedroom On Fourth Of July

Auburndale, Fla. (CBS Tampa) — The Fourth of July did not end with celebration as a mother has died after accidentally igniting fireworks in her bedroom.

Kathryn Flint, a mother living in Auburndale, was killed when fireworks exploded in her bedroom on Friday night during an annual family and friends Fourth of July party, WTSP reports.

Flint’s son pulled her from the burning room and she was rushed to the hospital where later the family learned she had died.

“I heard the grand finale going off in my backyard and thought what the heck its too early,” a neighbor who didn’t want to be identified told WTSP. “Then I started hearing sirens…”

According to police, the explosion happened when Flint went to her bedroom to retrieve the fireworks.  An accidental ignition left her room burned, her son injured, and the family dog dead as well.

This is yet another cautionary tale about the hazards of fireworks.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Tampa

How To Get Through Airport Security As Quickly As PossibleWith more people flying than ever before, it’s not surprising to see reports of long lines of people waiting in airport security lines...
Fatal Alligators Attacks in Florida Over Past 20 YearsThe body of a 2-year-old Nebraska boy was found Wednesday after he was snatched by an alligator at a...

Listen Live