The Commish’s Mock Draft 4.0 (2nd Round)
Be sure to join us for the 98.7 The Fan and Fan Interference Draft Day Parties at Buffalo Wild Wings in Ybor City Thursday May 8th and Friday May 9th! Party and shows start at 7:00 and go through the night.
33. Houston Texans – Tom Savage – QB – Pitt
Commish’s Comments: I ride the recent buzz, I guess. I’m not a huge Savage fan, but if Bill O’Brien sees natural gifts and just needs to develop him as a quarterback, this pick would not surprise me.
34. Washington Redskins – Antonio Richardson – OT – Tennessee
Commish’s Comments: The Redskins need to sure up their offensive line to protect their major investment.
35. Cleveland Browns – Bradley Roby – CB – Ohio St.
Commish’s Comments: Roby has all of the natural gifts you look for, but has yet to put it all together fully.
36. Oakland Raiders – Teddy Bridgewater – QB – Louisville
Commish’s Comments: Yes, Bridgewater can fall, but it’s not just because of his pro day. Bridgewater has been the darling of the media, but there is a good possibility that he has never been the darling of NFL teams and the media is just now catching up to that.
37. Atlanta Falcons – Jeremiah Attaochu – DE/OLB – Georgia Tech
Commish’s Comments: The local product is an excellent fit in the 3-4 and is currently rising up boards. ROUND 3
38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Marqise Lee – WR – USC
Commish’s Comments: If the goal for the Bucs new offense is to get the ball out to their receivers quickly and allow them to make a play, then Lee is the ideal fit. It’s very possible for him to slide because of this draft’s depth and because his straight-line speed is slightly slower than other receivers in this draft like Cooks and Beckham.
39. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jimmy Garoppolo – QB – Eastern Illinois
Commish’s Comments: Just a hunch, but I believe the Jaguars coaches fell in love with Garoppolo when they coached him at the senior bowl.
40. Minnesota Vikings – Kyle Van Noy – DE/OLB – BYU
Commish’s Comments: Mike Zimmer likes big physical linebackers.
41. Buffalo Bills – Kelvin Benjamin – WR – FSU
Commish’s Comments: Yes, the Bills got Mike Williams, but Benjamin is a matchup nightmare for defenses. He’s also got a relationship with EJ Manuel.
42. Tennessee Titans – Jeremy Hill – RB – LSU
Commish’s Comments: Ken Whisenhunt gets his big back with athleticism to carry the ball 20-25 times a game.
43. New York Giants – Jace Amaro – TE – Texas Tech
Commish’s Comments: The Giants will run an offense similar to the Packers, which uses the tight end in the pass game.
44. St. Louis Rams – Jimmie Ward – SS – Northern Illinois
Commish’s Comments: Ward provides security and a big hitter in the back of the Rams tough defense.
45. Detroit Lions – Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Commish’s Comments: Verrett’s size is a concern, but he’s as good of a corner as anyone in this draft.
46. Pittsburgh Steelers – LaMarcus Joyner – CB/S – FSU
Commish’s Comments: The Steelers need a ball hawk in their secondary.
47. Dallas Cowboys – Ra’Shede Hageman – DT/DE – Minnesota
Commish’s Comments: Hageman is as physically gifted as any player in this draft, but he is also raw. Rod Marinelli will love him.
48. Baltimore Ravens – Timmy Jernigan – DT – FSU
Commish’s Comments: Jernigan could go higher, but if teams view him more as an under-sized nose tackle, then he might slide.
49. New York Jets – Gabe Jackson – OG – Mississippi St.
Commish’s Comments: A massive mauler for a guard is a good fit for the Jets offense.
50. Miami Dolphins – Joel Bitonio – OT – Nevada
Commish’s Comments: Bitonio is a former OT, but should be a nice athletic guard for the Dolphins.
51. Chicago Bears – Stephon Tuitt – DE – Notre Dame
Commish’s Comments: The Bears should go defense early in this draft. Tuitt can play all over the defensive line and help the pass rush.
52. Arizona Cardinals – Zach Mettenberger – QB – LSU
Commish’s Comments: Mettenberger’s a pocket passer with a big arm and can learn behind Carson Palmer.
53. Green Bay Packers – Terrance Brooks – S – FSU
Commish’s Comments: Brooks is a centerfielder that should finally help the Packers pass defense.
54. Philadelphia Eagles – Trevor Reilly – DE/OLB – Utah
Commish’s Comments: If Chip Kelly is looking for an edge rusher with athleticism and length, then Reilly is a perfect fit.
55. Cincinnati Bengals –Keith McGill – CB/S – Utah
Commish’s Comments: The Bengals love measurables and need a CB. McGill fits both of those criteria.
56. San Francisco 49ers (via KC) – Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Commish’s Comments: Matthews probably shouldn’t fall this far, but somebody will. Great fit for the 49ers.
57. San Diego Chargers – Jaylen Watkins – CB – Florida
Commish’s Comments: If any team could double up on CBs, the Chargers can!
58. New Orleans Saints – Cody Latimer – WR – Indiana
Commish’s Comments: Latimer is flying up the draft after measuring 6’3” and running a sub 4.4 at his pro day.
59. Indianapolis Colts – Deone Bucannon – S – Washington St.
Commish’s Comments: The hard-hitting Bucannon can start immediately for the Colts.
60. Carolina Panthers – Davonte Adams – WR – Fresno St.
Commish’s Comments: If Adams slides this far, he is a great fit for the WR-needy Panthers.
61. San Francisco 49ers – Carl Bradford – DE/OLB – Arizona St.
Commish’s Comments: Bradford’s a strong player who plays mean off the edge.
62. New England Patriots – Scott Crichton – DE – Oregon St.
Commish’s Comments: The Patriots need to bolster their defensive line now that their secondary looks strong.
63. Denver Broncos – Weston Richburg – C – Colorado St.
Commish’s Comments: The Broncos suffered some loses to their offensive line, Richburg is the best center in the draft.
64. Seattle Seahawks – Martavis Bryant – WR – Clemson
Commish’s Comments: The Seahawks want a receiver with size. The 6’4” Bryant gives the Seahawks the size to pair with their speed on offense.
For updates on the NFL Draft and the Bucs, follow Justin Pawlowski on twitter @Commishonline