The Commish’s Mock Draft 2.0 (Pre Free Agency) 2nd Round…
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Buy Buccaneers Tickets
Buccaneers CentralShop for Bucs Gear
Sports Fan Insider
33. Houston Texans – Brandin Cooks – WR – Oregon St.
Commish’s Comments: Cooks gives Bill O’Brien a “Wes Welker or Victor Cruz” type of slot receiver.
34. Washington Redskins – Ra’Shede Hageman – DT/DE – Minnesota
Commish’s Comments: Hageman is a physical specimen who can give the Redskins an interior pass rush.
35. Cleveland Browns – Carlos Hyde – RB – Ohio St.
Commish’s Comments: Hyde is a good fit in Kyle Shanahan’s zone run scheme with his vision and power.
36. Oakland Raiders – Derek Carr – QB – Fresno St.
Commish’s Comments: If Carr gets by the Vikings in the 1st round, he could slide.
37. Atlanta Falcons – Cyrus Kouandjio – OT – Alabama
Commish’s Comments: Kouandjio is a raw OT who needs to fine-tune his technique. There are also some injury concerns that could force him to slide.
38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jace Amaro – TE – Texas Tech
Commish’s Comments: If you’re going to draft a young QB in the 1st round, I’d hope you’d help that young QB out with this pick. Amaro is a pass receiving threat as a tight end with a big body (6’5” 265 lbs). If the first two picks for the Bucs played out this way, that would mean their major needs on defense would have to be addressed in free agency.
39. Jacksonville Jaguars – Zach Mettenberger – QB – LSU
Commish’s Comments: The Jaguars are looking to run an offense with a quarterback who can take shots down the field. Mettenberger is a top 15 pick without the ACL injury.
40. Minnesota Vikings – Jimmy Garoppolo – QB – Eastern Illinois
Commish’s Comments: Garoppolo has a quick release and tends to find open receivers. Competition at Eastern Illinois is a concern.
41. Buffalo Bills – Troy Niklas – TE – Notre Dame
Commish’s Comments: Niklas is a big tight end with very good receiving ability. Nice security blanket for EJ Manuel.
42. Tennessee Titans – Jeremy Hill – RB – LSU
Commish’s Comments: Ken Whisenhunt will most likely be looking for a new running back to replace Chris Johnson. Hill is a power back with some character concerns.
43. New York Giants – Xavier Su’a-Filo – OG – UCLA
Commish’s Comments: Su’a Filo is an athletic guard who will help boost a Giants offensive line desperate for help.
44. St. Louis Rams – Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Commish’s Comments: After selecting Tavon Austin last year, Matthews can bring some size to the Rams receiving corps.
45. Detroit Lions – Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Commish’s Comments: Verrett is a smaller corner who matches up extremely well in man coverage. He’s always around the ball.
46. Pittsburgh Steelers – Lamarcus Joyner – CB/S – FSU
Commish’s Comments: The Steelers need some talented youth in their secondary. Joyner is a turnover machine.
47. Dallas Cowboys – Cyril Richardson – OG – Baylor
Commish’s Comments: The Cowboys might be just a guard away from revamping their entire offensive line. Richardson is a massive guard who needs to be better in pass protection.
48. Baltimore Ravens – Travis Swanson – C – Arkansas
Commish’s Comments: The Ravens were lost once their center, Matt Birk, retired.
49. New York Jets - Jimmie Ward – SS – Northern Illinois
Commish’s Comments: Ward is a hard-hitting strong safety who lays legal hits on receivers.
50. Miami Dolphins – Gabe Jackson – OG – Mississippi St.
Commish’s Comments: It would be surprising if the Dolphins did not go offensive line with their first 2 picks.
51. Chicago Bears – Marcus Roberson – CB – Florida
Commish’s Comments: Roberson is an athletic corner who can come in and learn in the Bears defense.
52. Arizona Cardinals – Antonio Richardson – OT – Tennessee
Commish’s Comments: The Cardinals need someone to protect the blind side of their statue of a quarterback.
53. Green Bay Packers – Austin Seferian-Jenkins – TE – Washington
Commish’s Comments: Seferian-Jenkins would be a nice replacement for the departing Jermichael Finley.
54. Philadelphia Eagles – Kyle Van Noy – DE/OLB – BYU
Commish’s Comments: Van Noy gives the Eagles another threat off the edge.
55. Cincinnati Bengals – Keith McGill – CB/S – Utah
Commish’s Comments: The Bengals tend to like physical specimens. McGill is a big corner who can move.
56. San Francisco 49ers (via KC) – Louchiez Purifoy – CB – Florida
Commish’s Comments: The 49ers need a young corner to develop in their defense who can play man coverage.
57. San Diego Chargers – Dominique Easley – DE – Florida
Commish’s Comments: Easley is a good fit in the Chargers 3-4 defense.
58. New Orleans Saints – Davonte Adams – WR – Fresno St.
Commish’s Comments: The Saints always seem to find receivers who fit right into their offense.
59. Indianapolis Colts – Donte Moncrief – WR – Ole Miss
Commish’s Comments: After Reggie Wayne went down last year, Luck did not have much to throw to. Moncrief is big with speed and athleticism.
60. Carolina Panthers – Tre Mason – RB – Auburn
Commish’s Comments: The end is near for both DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Mason gives the Panthers another threat on offense.
61. San Francisco 49ers – Carl Bradford – LB – Arizona St,
Commish’s Comments: Navorro Bowman is recovering from a massive knee injury. Bradford fits the type of linebacker the 49ers look for.
62. New England Patriots – Brandon Coleman – WR – Rutgers
Commish’s Comments: Schiano’s best friend drafts a Rutgers player. SHOCKER!
63. Denver Broncos – Scott Crichton – DE – Oregon St.
Commish’s Comments: The Broncos might lose Robert Ayers to free agency and lost a lot of pass rush when Von Miller went down last season.
64. Seattle Seahawks – Allen Robinson – WR – Penn St.
Commish’s Comments: Pete Carroll wants a big receiver, and Robinson fits the bill as big with athleticism.
For updates on the NFL Draft and the Bucs, follow Justin Pawlowski on twitter @Commishonline