Sports

(AUDIO) The Combine Helps Comfirm What Teams See On The Field

View Comments
(Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)

(Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)

Justin Solo Justin Pawlowski
After a successful four years at Tampa Catholic, Justin's passion...
Read More
Buccaneers Central
Buy Bucs Tickets
Sun Oct.26
Home vs Minnesota Vikings
findticketsbtn (AUDIO) The Combine Helps Comfirm What Teams See On The Field
Sun Nov.2
Away vs Cleveland Browns
findticketsbtn (AUDIO) The Combine Helps Comfirm What Teams See On The Field
Sun Nov.9
Home vs Atlanta Falcons
findticketsbtn (AUDIO) The Combine Helps Comfirm What Teams See On The Field
 
Shop for Bucs Gear
NFL Scoreboard
NFL Standings
Team STATS
Team Schedule
Team Roster
Team Injuries

Sports Fan Insider

Keep up with your favorite teams and athletes with daily updates.
Sign Up

Bucky Brooks from the NFL Network joined Fan Interference today to tell us why the combine is an important part of the process when deciding who are guys that they can target when it comes to the NFL Draft. The biggest thing of the combine is the medical exam and the interview with each player. This is the first time these teams are able to talk to these players and pick their brains.

Some people are suspicious of the amount of weight put on the combine, and Bucky talks about why this is apart of the process. To him, the film makes up roughly 75% of what you use when evaluating with the other 25% of the combine and interview that you have with those teams.

Everyone who watches the combine this week will tune in to see who could rise and fall, and Bucky looked at a few guys who have the most to prove this week. Some of the questions include does Johnny Manziel love football? Can Teddy Bridgewater take contact? Why did Clowney have issues in his senior season.

For the Bucs, Khalil Mack has been a guy mentioned for the Bucs, and Bucky says that he has not seen enough on film from Mack against elite talent and says that if the choice is between he and Anthony Barr, that Lovie Smith and the Bucs would be wise to slot Barr in with the 7th pick.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 930 other followers