Dog Saves Man From Mobile Home Fire

PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — Officials are crediting a 1-year-old German Shepard with saving his owner after their mobile home caught fire in southwest Florida.

Port Richey Fire officials say a man awoke Saturday morning to hear his dog Trooper scratching and barking at the door. When the unidentified man opened his bedroom door, officials said he noticed the living room was on fire and filled with heavy smoke. The two made it out safely.

The man told officials he may have lost all his belongings, but was grateful that he and his best friend Trooper were not harmed.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Vietnam Veterans' Bond Forged Again With Kidney DonationServing together in Vietnam, John Middaugh and Henry "Bill" Warner forged an Army-brothers bond they knew was profound and lasting. A world and nearly a half a century away from the war zone where they'd counted on each other, Middaugh put himself on the line for Warner this month in a new way: by giving one of his kidneys.
Dr. Paul Bearer II Tombstone Tales | Halloween EditionOn Sunday, October 25th, Dr. Paul Bearer II returned to the Tenement Castle for an afternoon of HORRORble movies.

Listen Live