NC Boy Dies Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

NEBO, N.C. (AP) — Emergency personnel in McDowell County say a 12-year-old boy has died and two others have been hospitalized after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sgt. Johnsie Parker of McDowell EMS said sheriff’s deputies and emergency workers responded to a call from a home Friday afternoon.

Authorities said responders found the 12-year-old boy dead. They also found a 9-year-old boy and a 29-year-old man with life-threatening injuries. The patients were transported by a pair of medical helicopters Spartanburg Regional Hospital.

The names of the victims haven’t been released.

Officials haven’t determined a cause, but rescue workers found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. An investigation is continuing.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Tampa

Kids Rock Science presented by Tampa Bay Water & TECO - at MOSICome be inspired by STEM exhibits at CW44's Kids Rock Science presented by Tampa Bay Water and TECO Saturday, April 15th from 10a-2p at MOSI.
Fake News: Tips On How to Distinguish it from the Real ThingTeachers from elementary school through college are instructing students on how to decipher fact from fiction when it comes to online news, after an election season that saw made-up stories abound.

Listen Live