The Top 10 News Stories Of 2013
It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the new year, but 2013 has flown by and here we are looking back at the year that was…
Few stories grabbed our attention more than the George Zimmerman trial and the headlines he made afterward, so you’ll see his name more than once in our list. Possible horsemeat in your burgers, asteroids headed towards Earth, and housing discrimination are among the others.
Let’s get the ball rolling, starting with number 10 on our list of the top stories of 2013 – click on the title to read the story:
10. Condo Association Refuses Property Sales To Any Couples ‘Living In Sin’ – Unmarried? Living with your girlfriend/boyfriend? Not in this condominium complex!
9. Fla. Senate Panel Votes To Ban Spying With Drones – Drones used to spy on Florida’s citizens? Not so fast…
8. Police: Zimmerman’s Wife, Father-In-Law Won’t Press Charges After He Allegedly Threatened Them With Gun – After a big fight that made headlines, George Zimmerman’s estranged wife and her father decide not to go on with a criminal case.
7. ‘Trayvoning’ Photo Trend Sweeps Across Social Media, Sparking Outrage – A sickening trend swept social media as the internet became weary of the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman story.
6. NASA Releases Map Of Over 1,400 ‘Potentially Hazardous Asteroids’ For Earth – More than 1.400 objects that could fall from space and kill us? Great!
5. Burger King To DNA Test Its Beef After Food Processor Used Horse Meat – Was horse meat served to customers? Burger King went to great lengths to find out.
4. Woman Wears Mermaid Tail, Banned From Community Pool – No running, no diving in the shallow end, and no tails…
3. Doctor Threatens To Call Cops On Pregnant Woman If She Doesn’t Have Emergency C-Section – A doctor takes the Hippocratic oath a bit too far.
2. Zimmerman To Officer: ‘In Catholic Religion, It’s Always Wrong To Kill Someone’ – George Zimmerman cites his faith on the stand during his trial.
1. Zimmerman Helps Save Family Of Four From Overturned Vehicle – After his acquittal, George Zimmerman helped a family involved in an auto accident.