Toddler Dies After Eating Liquid Laundry Packet

KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Poison control officials say a 7-month-old Florida boy has died after swallowing a liquid laundry packet.

The Florida Poison Information Center says this is the first death since the first reported exposure case in May 2012. The American Association of Poison Control Centers says national data for this year has not yet been compiled. However, this kind of poisoning death has not been reported in prior years.

Kissimmee police say the boy was taken from a shelter for abused women to the hospital Friday afternoon where he was pronounced dead.

Police declined to release further information citing the ongoing investigation. No charges have been filed. The Florida Department of Children and Families had prior history with the family of Michael Williams, but officials declined comment.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Tampa

How To Get Through Airport Security As Quickly As PossibleWith more people flying than ever before, it’s not surprising to see reports of long lines of people waiting in airport security lines...
Fatal Alligators Attacks in Florida Over Past 20 YearsThe body of a 2-year-old Nebraska boy was found Wednesday after he was snatched by an alligator at a...

Listen Live