(AUDIO) Kirk & Dinger Moneyball Challenge
In honor of the MLB draft, we threw out some Moneyball trivia. It’s a fun and “informative for the sports fan” Kirk & Dinger Challenge. (And Roxanne Wilder interviewed some of the stars from the movie.)
1. Who is the father of sabermetrics?
a. Billy Beane
b. Bill James
c. Joe Maddon
d. Terrence Pegula (owner of the Buffalo Sabres)
2. What was the last baseball movie to be nominated for the Best Picture Academy Award (Oscar) since Moneyball?
a. Bull Durham
b. Field of Dreams
c. A League of Their Own
d. Major League
3. During the course of the film’s theatrical release, this now-former Oakland Athletics Coach seen in the movie, was Managing in the World Series.
a. Joe Torre
b. Joe Girardi
c. Ron Washington
d. Charlie Manuel
4. The “Moneyball” is about players with strong OBP’s. True or False?
5. The “Moneyball” System is a small-market strategy. True or False?