On Tuesday, April 2 the parking lots at Tropicana Field will open, hot dogs and peanuts will be consumed, and cowbells will ring as the Rays begin another season of baseball.
The Rays have sold out their eighth-consecutive opening day, so if you don’t have a ticket you’re out of luck for seeing the game from inside Tropicana Field. Even without a ticket, enough is happening around the Trop to keep you in that party mode before, during and after the game.
Baltimore Orioles Vs. TB Rays
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 Tropicana Dr.
St Petersburg, FL 33705
888-326-7297 | ticketmaster.com
- Parking rates ranging from $15 to $20 per vehicle.
- Rays will continue to provide carpoolers ( 4 more more per car) access to free parking in team-controlled lots.
For more information on Tropicana field go to this link: A Guide To Tropicana Field
Rays Block Rally
- A Rays street rally will begin Tuesday on Central Ave. and 13th St. from 12 noon to 3pm. There will be prizes, games, plenty of ice-cold beer and 2 different bands.
- Biggest Tampa Bay Rays fans to celebrate the beginning of the 2013 MLB Season. The guys of Rays Rally will be tailgating in Parking Lot 6 near the exit at 11th St South & 1st Ave South. Time: 12pm – 2:30pm
Fergs Sports Bar
- Ferg’s Sports Bar across from the Trop is throwing a party on opening day starting at noon. Q105′s Flash man will be at Ferg’s from noon till 3pm. Stop by and have a beer with him before the game.
- Sister sports station 98.7 The Fan will be broadcasting games and interviewing celebrities from the 2nd Floor of Ferg’s Sports Bar in “The Club Suite”. Go to FergsSportsBar.com for details!
- A Rays 2013 magnet schedule will handed out upon entry into the Trop.
- Astro – the 3-year-old French Bulldog owned by Rays pitcher David Price – will have his own cheering K-9 section for his dad’s fans at the opener. For $50 – fans of Astro and Price – can buy tickets to the opener in sections 132 and 134, which will be known as “District K-9″ when Price pitches. Those fans will receive a K-9 T-shirt and a K-9 card to hold above their heads whenever Price strikes out a batter. To buy these tickets click HERE.
- The Brewhouse, located inside Tropicana Field in Centerfield Street, offers a
pre-game destination for great food and drinks, including local craft beers!
This lively bar and restaurant opens 2 hours before game time.
- Fans will be able to see the Clydesdales that day outside Gate 1 from 1- 2pm. Then from 2 – 3pm, the Clydesdales will be outside Gate 4.
- Fans that are 21 or older, can sample Budweiser products from the wagon and fans of all age can get their picture with the famous horses.
- Tampa Bay saxophonist B.K. Jackson will perform the national anthem before the game.
- Rays Senior Advisor Don Zimmer will be joined by his family to deliver the ceremonial first pitch which is scheduled for 3:10 PM. Last year the first pitch was thrown by Jim Dundee, son of the late boxing legend Angelo Dundee.
- David Price will be on the mound for the Rays.
- Jason Hammel will be the starting pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles.