On Easter Sunday eight Budweiser Clydesdales, pulling a red, white and gold beer wagon will deliver a case of the King of Beers and a pair of tickets to the Rays season opener on Tuesday, April 2 to Rafael Martinez of St. Petersburg and the public is welcome to join in on the fun and get your pictures taken with the famous horses.
Tampa Bay’s only FM sports station 98.7 The Fan and Budweiser teamed up to offer the one lucky winner – and their family – a visit from the famous Clydesdales.
Easter Sunday around noon the Budweiser Clydesdale & Semi’s will be pulling into Nickel City Bar and Grille in Pinellas Park to get ready for their short journey to the home of Martinez.
The public is welcomes to bring the kids to see these amazing and beautiful animals. All the news vans will be covering the Clydesdale departure from Nickel City to deliver the beer and Rays tickets to Martinez who lives about 3 blocks away. That delivery will take place between noon and 2pm on Easter Sunday.
Nickel City Bar and Grille
7658 Park Blvd. | Pinellas Park, Florida 33781
(727) 545-9325 | www.nickelcitylife.com
The Budwiser Clydesdales will also be making a special appearance at the Rays season opener on Tuesday, April 2 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg. Fans will be able to see the Clydesdales that day outside Gate 1 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. Then from 2:00-3:00 p.m., the Clydesdales will be outside Gate 4. Fans 21 that are 21 or older can sample Budweiser products from the wagon.
- The Budweiser Clydesdales were first introduced to the public on April 7, 1933, to celebrate the repeal of Prohibition.
- A team of eight Clydesdales pull the red, white and gold Budwiser beer wagon.
- To qualify for one of the hitches, a Budweiser Clydesdale must be a gelding with an even temperament and strong, draft horse appearance, be at least four years old, stand at least 18 hands (72 inches, 183 cm) at the withers when fully mature, and weigh between 1,800 and 2,300 pounds (820 and 1,000 kg).
- Anheuser-Busch owns a total of about 250 Clydesdales, kept at various locations throughout the United States, one of the largest herds of Clydesdale horses in the world.
- Television commercials featuring the Budweiser Clydesdales have been a longstanding Super Bowl tradition, beginning with an ad during Super Bowl XX in 1986
- St. Louis beer-maker Anheuser-Busch has buckled up a four-year agreement as the sole beer sponsor of the National Football League (NFL) Super Bowl game through 2014
- Budweiser Clydesdale Baby Has A Name, Instant Star After Super Bowl (myq105.cbslocal.com)