Fla. Man Burned In Pizza Oven Fire At Stadium
Get Breaking News First
LITHIA, Fla. (AP) — A man is recovering from first and second degree burns after a fire broke out at a pizza concession stand at a southwest Florida baseball stadium.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue officials said players heard what sounded like a loud explosion Saturday morning at FishHawk Ranch baseball field. The victim was lighting the pilot on the pizza ovens at Formaggio’s when one of the propane lines malfunctioned and caused a gas buildup. The flash fire burned the victim’s face, arms and legs.
The victim has not been identified.
The pizzeria operates in a trailer between the baseball fields.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)