Buccaneers Healthier Than Vikings
Buccaneers CentralBuy Bucs Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
By Kyra Hallett
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a quick turnaround, having to play Thursday night in Minnesota against the Vikings, which doesn’t provide much time to recover from any injuries suffered last Sunday. The Bucs are pretty healthy heading into the game this Sunday versus the New Orleans Saints, but injures have been an issue for the Vikings. The Bucs have been lucky that they have been one of the healthier teams this season. They have been able to work around what few injuries they have suffered.
Once again, guard Carl Nicks is on the injury report with his toe injury. He injured it in Week One against the Carolina Panthers. His toe got jammed and has been sore ever since. Nicks has been playing through the pain, so expect him to do the same Thursday night. He is listed as probable.
Buccaneers Wide receiver Vincent Jackson had a break out game versus the Saints. He showed little sign of his calf strain but is still on the injury report for it. He is sore and limited at practice Monday. Jackson is listed as probable. He is now ranked sixth for receiving yards with 582 yards and fourth for touchdowns with five.
Linebacker Adam Hayward was limited at practice due to an ankle injury. He is listed as questionable for the Vikings game. This is the first time Hayward is on the injury report this season.
Defensive backBrandon McDonald was limited at practice due to an ankle injury. He listed as questionable versus the Vikings. The injury must have occurred versus the Saints. “I think he’s gonna be okay,” said head coach Greg Schiano.
- Guard, Carl Nicks (Foot)
- Wide receiver, Vincent Jackson (Calf)
- Linebacker, Adam Hayward (Ankle)
- Defensive back, Brandon McDonald (Ankle)
- Quarterback, Christina Ponder (Knee)
- Running back, Adrian Peterson (Ankle)
- Running back, Matt Asiata (Knee)
- Wide receiver, Jerome Simpson (Back)
- Wide receiver, Percy Harvin (Knee)
- Defensive end, Jared Allen (Groin)
- Defensive tackle, Fred Evans (Knee)
- Linebacker, Marvin Mitchell (Calf)
- Cornerback, Antoine Winfield (Knee)
- Safety, Harrison Smith (Calf)
- Safety, Robert Blanton (Hamstring)
- Safety, Mistral Raymond (Ankle)
- Tight end, John Carlson (Concussion)
The Bucs need Jackson to fight though the pain and have a great game once again.
For more Local Football Bloggers and the latest Buccaneers news, see CBS Sports Tampa Bay.
Kyra Hallett is a freelance writer and a Multimedia Sports Journalist. She has experience covering Tampa Bay sports in many outlets including Examiner.com. Her dream job would be to work with the athletes and their fans. You can view some of her work at KyraHallett.com or here at Examiner.com.