Best Things to Know about the Tampa Jimmy Buffett Concert
TAMPA, Fla. (CBS Tampa) - The Parrot Head Nation’s leader Jimmy Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band will be in concert at Tampa’s 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheatre on Friday, March 30th.
To celebrate their leaders return to Tampa thousands will be firing up their car battery powered blenders in the parking lot hours before Buffett hits the stage. If you are a parrot head tailgate virgin we have made check list of things you will need to know before, during and after the Jimmy Buffett “Welcome to Fin Land Tour”.
1. Tickets law seats are sold out. There still are seats available. To buy them go to livenation.com or click here.
US $136.00 Ticket + US $21.00 Fees = US $157.0
US $86.00 Ticket + US $16.55 Fees = US $102.55
2. What to wear:
Men: Anything tropical, tacky and worn out…shorts, sandals , flip-flops, board shorts, and colorful old Hawaiian shirts. Guys there’s no better way to say parrot head virgin than to wear a new and expensive Hawaiian shirt.
Women: Grass skirts and coconut bras are preferred attire on women…some wasted Parrot Head males do attempt to wear the female garb, which usually is met with laughter and more offers of alcohol.
3. Seal the deal with bad hats with animals on top. Parrots or sharks work especially well. Cheap and worn out straw hats are acceptable as well.
4. Fin accessories are optional but cool.
Sharks (for “Fins”) can be inflatable or stuffed toys, or represented by a large dorsal fin on your car roof!
5. Tailgating Diet is based on Buffett Songs.
i.e…Cheeseburgers (in paradise), margaritas (for “wasting away in Margaritaville”) and shrimp “they’re beginning to boil — bubble, bubble, bubble, bubble . . .”)
6. All alcohol should be tropical in nature: Margaritas tend to be the most popular beverages, followed by Hurricanes, beer (LandShark Lager) and other assorted tropical drinks.
THE PERFECT MARGARITA
1 oz Margaritaville® Gold Tequila
.5 oz Margaritaville® Silver Tequila
.5 oz Triple Sec
.5 oz Orange Curacao
.5 oz Lime juice
2 Lime Wedges
7. All cars should be transformed into tiki bars. If you know how to hook your blender up to your car battery you will gain lots of new friends until your booze and ice runs out.
8. Additional Parrot Head party supplies can be found at Party City:
Hawaiian leis: $.99
Grass skirts: $9.99
Coconut bra: $3.99
Straw hats: $1.99 – $4.99
For a Party City location closest to you click here.
9. Florida State Fair Grounds will open their gates for tailgating starting at 10:00 a.m. on Friday. Enter through the gates off MLK .
10. There are full Hook-up for RV’s – ( beware RV’s are female magnets if they have a working toilets…women HATE porta-potties)
Please Enter at the Orient Road Entrance – Check in at the Guard Gate.
To reserve your camping spot, fill out the camping reservation form from this link. Please put the approximate time of your arrival on the reservation form and fax to 813-740-3514
11. You don’t need a concert ticket to party in the parking lot:
Open to anyone with or without a concert ticket
Ye Mystic Krewe of Neptune Jimmy Buffet Tailgate Party
Friday, March 30th
1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheatre Parking lot
Party Starts before noon
Concert Starts at 8:00 pm
Members & their dates: $30 each
Guests: $40 each
Kids under 10: Free
Price buys you freshly grilled Cheese Burgers in Paradise, Hot Dogs, and other assorted goodies. If possible, please bring a side salad, appetizer, or dessert dish. They will be broadcasting the concert live via XM radio on the float’s outstanding sound system, so you can enjoy the concert without purchasing a ticket. All you need to bring lawn chairs, and a side dish if possible. For more information on this party go to this link.
12. Items Allowed into Amp:
Food allowed in one gallon clear plastic bag. One per person.
One sealed bottle of water per person.
Low profile sand chairs no higher than 9-inches from the ground and the chair back cannot exceed 24-inches.
One gallon soft-sided collapsible cooler.
Umbrellas (tote style)
13. Camera Policy:
Personal cameras are allowed in the venue. Flash photography, video and removable lens cameras are not permitted without venue approval.
14. Country radio station WQYK will be there will their pirate ship.
Now all you need to know is the song “Fins” well enough to move your hands the right way at the concert. Watch the video and you will get the idea.