10 Best Things To Know About The Tampa Bay Pro Rodeo
TAMPA, Fla. (CBS Tampa) – It’s time to “cowboy up ” for the bulls, blood and guts at the Tampa Bay Pro Rodeo coming to the Florida State Fair Grounds two nights on Friday and Saturday, March 23 and 24.
The Tampa Pro Rodeo is sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association and will feature some of the top riders in the nation and on the southeastern circuit. These nationally recognized cowboys are competing for points that could win them a spot at the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas in December of 2012.
Top 10 Things to Know About Cowboys and the Tampa Pro-Rodeo:
10. There will be roping, wrestling, riding and BULLS!
9. Cowboys wear tight Wranglers or Levi Jeans and have BIG…belt buckles.
8. The Barrel Racing girls are part of the show and they wear tight jeans too!
7. It’s at the Florida State Fair Grounds Expo Hall so your boots and hat will stay clean.
6. They’re not all from Dallas…ok lame.
5. Putting a cowboy hat on a bed is bad luck, but putting “the cowboy” on the bed is called getting “Lucky”.
4. The rodeo starts at 7:30 pm and tickets start at $15. Parking is $5 per truck (cowboys don’t have cars) or $10 per RV
3. There is a kid’s riding competition on Saturday night and they’re only riding sticks.
2. There’s beer.
1. Bull Riding is the only sport where lasting 8 seconds is a good thing.
Tickets are: $15, $18 and $30. Go to this link to buy them.
Best Cowboy Advice:
10. Too much debt doubles the weight of your horse and puts another in control of the reins.
9. Never kick fresh horse poop on a hot day.
8. Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
7. When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
6. Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
5. When your head’s in the bear’s mouth is not the time to be smacking him on the nose and calling him names.
4. There’s two theories to arguin’ with a woman. Neither one works.
3. Don’t squat on your spurs.
2. Always get drunk upstream from the heard.
1. If you decide to get in the arena with a Bull, its wise to make friends with a Clown.
2012 Southeastern Circuit Standings – All-Around Standings
1. Justin Thigpen………..Waycross—–GA…$8,998.00
2. Garrett Beach…………Trenton——-FL….$7,050.00
3. Shane Kuhn……………Anthony——FL….$6,704.00
4. Ivan Bruised Head…..Okeechobee–FL….$5,053.00
5. Brad Hartt……………..Sebring ——-FL….$4,807.00
6. Spunk Sasser………….San Antonio–FL….$4,422.00
7. Jeff Clair……………….St Cloud——-FL….$3,434.00
8. Juan Alcazar Jr……..Kissimmee—-FL….$2,770.00
9. Wil Croncich…………Okeechobee—FL….$2,223.00
10.Alan Frierson………O Brien———FL….$2,147.00
- Ronnie Dunn will Play the Sun N’ Fun Country Concert (tampa.cbslocal.com)