MOSI in Tampa is holding a festival this weekend celebrating all things chocolate. The festival of Chocolate showcases the area’s top chocolatiers and confectioners, who sell everything a chocoholic dreams about.
There will also be demonstrations by World Class Pastry Chefs; Live Competitions by Pastry Professionals; Chocolate and Wine Pairings; A one-of-a-kind Chocolate Themed Museum; a Chocolate Game Show Stage; The Math and Science of Chocolate; Kids-4-Chocolate Workshop; Crazy Chocolate Contests for children and adults; and Interactive Chocolate Classes.
Award Winning Pastry Chefs and Chocolatiers will share tips and tricks of the trade as they create breathtaking decadent chocolate creations right before your eyes. Discover the difference between varying percentages and origins of chocolate; experience the recipe of hot chocolate made with the same techniques and tools as the Mayans, and be the envy of your friends as you learn the steps for simple, elegant chocolate treats that you can replicate at home.
There will be an “adult-only chocolate playhouse” where chocolate martinis and chocolate wine will be sold. Tampa Bay Brewing will also offer a Cocoa Nib beer for a short time on Saturday only.
At The Festival of Chocolate, Kids can:
- Unleash Their Inner Pudding Picasso. ($)
- Get your Chocolate Mousse-Stache On!
- Test Your Choc-ology on the Chocolate Game Show Stage.
- Dip and Decorate Marshmallow Kebobs. ($)
- Make Gooey Chocolate Playdough.
- Mix Up some Nitrogen Chocolate Ice Cream. ($)
- Take a Kid-Centric Class All About Chocolate. ($)
- Be a Chocolate Detective uncovering facts in the Chocolate Museum.
On Site Ticket Prices to MOSI*:
Adult Ticket (13-59): $20.95
Senior Ticket (60+): $18.95
Child Ticket (2-12): $16.95
- 6 Best and Fun Things to Do in Tampa Bay Jan 13 – 16 (tampa.cbslocal.com)